- It’s an ordinary day in June. At this time in any other year, Takayuki Yajima, President and Representative Director of Yamato Co., Ltd., would be in Paris, or perhaps Florence. Today, we had a chance to talk to him at Y. & Sons, a bespoke men’s kimono tailoring shop quietly located near the Kanda Shrine entrance gateway.
KAZUNOBU MINETA × KEN OE
- Kazunobu Mineta was born in Yamanobe town, Yamagata prefecture on December 10, 1977. While performing with his band Ging Nang Boyz, he also pursues a career as a film and television actor. He and Yonetomi Seni Co., Ltd. CEO Ken Oe were childhood friends in Yamanobe, where they attended the same elementary and junior high schools. The week following this dialogue, he travelled to London for his first live overseas concert.
- A total styling coordinator who consults on everything from beauty, makeup, hair and fashion to health and anti-aging, Sachiko Kawabe is determined to help women live their lives unconstrained by factors such as age and professional titles, and in a way that is always true to themselves. We had a chance to speak with her at her home, filled with plants and soft sunlight, where she reflected on her life and career.
- Yuko Nagayama deals with architectural projects ranging from retail spaces of every type to office buildings, galleries, halls, hotels, traditional inns, museums, tea ceremony rooms, shrines and city planning projects. While maintaining a full and varied workload as an architect, she also manages to take care of her children. At her home, which she finished renovating in February of last year, she spoke to us about work and the other necessary elements of life.
- After working in a secondhand bookstore in Tokyo’s “book town” of Jinbocho, Yoshiyuki Morioka opened a bookstore in the Kayabacho area, relocating in May of 2015 to the first floor of a historic building in the Ginza 1-chome district. The Morioka Shoten bookstore is known for its unique practice of stocking multiple copies of only a single title at a time, featuring a different book each week. Morioka Shoten proprietor and book director Yoshiyuki Morioka has long been a fan of COOHEM jackets, and today we speak to him about clothing, roots, craftsmanship, Japan and the world in general.